Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Observations

After my little "accident" on July 4, I posted a photo of my foot - sprained ankle wrapped in an ace bandage - on my Facebook page. I did receive the obligatory kind comments from friends -- "OMG r u OK? What happened? Hope you feel better!" At the same time, what was most interesting to me was that several people commented on my red painted toe nails. Of course my reply was, "Pedicures are like clean underwear....always good to have in case of an accident." Just funny that while I was focused on the injury, others notice something completely different.

Like my son and daughter...when I went to work today without my crutches, my 6 year old daughter expressed in sheer delight that my foot must feel better. My 10 year old son, on the other hand, was quick to point out that I was crazy to leave home without the crutches -- "Mom, if you like bring your crutches you'll like get so much more attention, and gifts and stuff." Mars vs Venus? Age difference? Or just different observations? Who knows.

All gave me a chuckle though. And, reminded me of the importance of a good pedicure.

No comments:

Post a Comment